Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Friday, February 10, 2012

TENIS MUNDIAL: Arantxa Sanchez Vicario says she has nothing left from $60 million in career earnings

(Getty)
In the 1990s, Arantxa Sanchez Vicario was the clay court queen of tennis, winning four Grand Slams and accumulating more than $60 million in earnings and endorsements. Today, the former world No. 1 says she has "nothing," the result of years of financial mismanagement by her mother and father.
Sanchez Vicario says her father put her on a strict budget during her career. She received a monthly allowance and assumed the rest was being invested.
As she claims in a new autobiography, excerpts of which were published this last weekend in the Spanish newspaper El Mundo, that's not what happened.
"My parents left me with nothing and now I am indebted to the [tax authorities] and I will not be quiet," she wrote. "My properties are worth a lot less than those of my brother Javier, who has earned a lot less than me. […] I never questioned the way my father managed my money. I have been a victim, I was duped."

Sanchez Vicario says she is estranged from her immediate family.
Her mother denies the claims made in the book. Marisa Vicario Rubio told El Mundo that her daughter's claims are "lies."
"We never took advantage of Arantxa and under no circumstances is she broke," she said.
Other popular content on the network:
New England Patriots star Wes Welker is butt of 900-pound joke
USA Basketball doesn't plan to replace injured Chauncey Billups
Forbes: Tiger Woods, Michael Vick among most disliked athletes
Y! Shopping: Valentine's Day gift ideas

No comments: